Blue Cat recently added a "Gift Shop Gallery" and is looking for artists who create small pieces such as jewelry, cards, original prints, small pottery pieces and more. Retail prices should be set at $100 or less. Blue Cat retains 25% commission on all sales.
Send jpg images of examples of your artwork to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief message expressing your interest and information about the work you create. Blue Cat will respond within 1-2 weeks of inquiry to discuss details with you.
Blue Cat runs exhibits from March to December each year. Most exhibits are scheduled for two months, but exceptions may be made. Submit a proposal for an individual or group show. Include the following information and materials listed below when submitting your proposal.
Deadline: ongoing (currently considering work for exhibits in 2020-2021)
Email your jps and documents in PDF format to: email@example.com
In the subject line, type "Blue Cat Artist Proposal"
Expect a response within 1-2 weeks of emailing your materials
Enter your chicken and other rural-themed art into this annual juried exhibit, which opens coinciding with Wayne America's annual community festival, the Wayne Chicken Show.
To complete your submission for "Chickens & Other Signs of Rural Life," submit payment here, or mail a check to:
Blue Cat Gallery & Studio
114 W. 3rd St.
Wayne NE 68787
· June 1 - Submission deadline
· June 15 - Notification of acceptance
· July 1-9 - Deliver work to Blue Cat
· July 10-Aug 31 - Exhibit on display
· July 12 - Opening Reception
· Sept 1-7 - Return unsold work to artists
· Best of Show - $250
· People's Choice - $75
· Open to artists of all career levels from emerging to professional, 18 years of age or older
· Submit up to three entries created in the last two years; $25 non-refundable entry fee required
· Max Size: no one side larger than 50” (3-D work requiring a pedestal, no more than 20” wide or deep)
· Any media including painting, works on paper, printmaking, photography, sculpture (excluding installation art)
· Works must be display ready (wrapped canvases are permitted, 2-D work must be wired and ready for hanging)
· By entering the exhibit, artists whose works are selected for the show grant Blue Cat Gallery & Studio the right to use submitted images on printed materials, gallery website & social media sites for promotional purposes.
· Artwork accepted for the exhibit must be for sale. Blue Cat Gallery will receive a 25% commission for each work sold from the exhibit. Payment for works sold during the show will be issued within 30 days of the end of the exhibit.
Amber Hansen is a filmmaker, muralist, visual artist and musician creating socially engaged and community-based artwork throughout the Midwest. Establishing a dialogue between her formal education and the ethics of her rural upbringing, Hansen’s work promotes the value of creative engagement for all ages while raising questions about the ethics of animal welfare and humans relationship with food. Hansen is the co-director & co-editor of the feature documentary Called to Walls, a film that celebrates the potential of community-based art in the Middle of the U.S. through the mural works of Dave Loewenstein. She is currently the Assistant Professor at the University of South Dakota where she teaches painting.
Do you have small "gift-able" pieces in your inventory? Blue Cat hangs a salon-style show during the holiday season with an opening reception TBD.
Blue Cat will begin reviewing work for the 2019 show in July.
Email your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or give us a call: 402-454-5144