Blue Cat recently added a "Gift Shop Gallery" and is looking for artists who create small pieces such as jewelry, cards, original prints, small pottery pieces and more. Retail prices should be set at $100 or less. Blue Cat retains 25% commission on all sales.
Send jpg images of examples of your artwork to: email@example.com with a brief message expressing your interest and information about the work you create. Blue Cat will respond within 1-2 weeks of inquiry to discuss details with you.
Blue Cat runs exhibits from March to December each year. Most exhibits are scheduled for two months, but exceptions may be made. Submit a proposal for an individual or group show. Include the following information and materials listed below when submitting your proposal.
Deadline: ongoing (currently considering work for exhibits in 2020-2021)
Email your jps and documents in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line, type "Blue Cat Artist Proposal"
Expect a response within 1-2 weeks of emailing your materials
Enter your chicken and other rural-themed art into this annual juried exhibit, which opens coinciding with Wayne America's annual community festival, the Wayne Chicken Show.
This year's deadline has passed. Look for details in March 2019 to enter your work into next year's show.
Do you have small "gift-able" pieces in your inventory? Blue Cat will be hanging a salon-style show during the holiday season and hosting a reception Thursday, November 1 from 5-8pm.
This year's deadline has passed. Look for details in July 2019 to submit your work for participation in next year's show.
Email your questions to: email@example.com
Or give us a call: 402-454-5144
To complete your submission for "Chickens & Other Signs of Rural Life," submit payment here, or mail a check to:
Blue Cat Gallery & Studio
114 W. 3rd St.
Wayne NE 68787
· May 31 - Submission deadline
· June 11 - Notification of acceptance
· June 27-30 - Deliver work to Blue Cat
· July 11-Sept 1 - Exhibit on display
· July 13 - Opening Reception
· Sept 2-6 - Return unsold work to artists
· Best of Show - $250
· First Place 2-D - $125
· First Place 3-D - $125
· Open to artists of all career levels from emerging to professional, 18 years of age or older
· Submit up to three entries created in the last two years; $25 non-refundable entry fee required
· Max Size: no one side larger than 50” (3-D work requiring a pedestal, no more than 20” wide or deep)
· Any media including painting, works on paper, printmaking, photography, sculpture (excluding installation art)
· Works must be display ready (wrapped canvases are permitted, 2-D work must be wired and ready for hanging)
· By entering the exhibit, artists whose works are selected for the show grant Blue Cat Gallery & Studio the right to use submitted images on printed materials, gallery website & social media sites for promotional purposes.
· Artwork accepted for the exhibit must be for sale. Blue Cat Gallery will receive a 25% commission for each work sold from the exhibit. Payment for works sold during the show will be issued within 30 days of the end of the exhibit.
Originally from northeast Tennessee, Meghan O'Connor studied printmaking at East Tennessee State University. After receiving her BFA, she went on to pursue an MFA at Clemson University, in South Carolina. In 2009, she began teaching foundations of art at Middle Tennessee State University, and printmaking for the Tennessee State Governor’s School for the Arts. In 2016, she joined Wayne State College in Wayne, Nebraska where she teaches printmaking, foundations courses, and senior exhibit. Her work has been exhibited regionally, nationally, and internationally. Her work can be found in the collection of Columbia College in Chicago; Gippsland Centre for Art and Design in Australia; Limerick School of Art and Design in Ireland; Proyecto’ace Print Collection in Buenos Aires, and many other universities around the United States.